These honey roasted carrots are such an easy healthy side for anyday or for holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving and they pair with most dishes for the holiday spread.
and its a great healthy snack (full disclosure: I may have eaten them all in one go as a snack while waiting for my meal to cook, they were just a very tasty snack and a great way to use up all your beta-carotene-rich carrots!)
- 1 pound of carrots, peeled (If not using thin carrots cut them lengthwise into quarters to make thin sticks. they look nice with the tops still on and a bit of the stem. if you can find ones that arent too dirty it will be easier to pull off!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or melted ghee (if using raw honey which is thicker add a bit more oil)
- 1 tbsp honey (I did a mix of honey and coconut nectar so they were a bit darker, also perhaps from the cumin)
- Few fresh dill or thyme sprigs, chopped, stems removed or sub dried dill
- See salt and black pepper
- Optional: a good pinch of cumin (if using dill, not thyme) and/ or cayenne
Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl combine the honey, oil and spices and herbs. Place Two layers of aluminum foil on a sheet pan (I find the extra layer helps with cleanup since some of the honey can go thru the first layer and stick to the pan). Place the carrots on top and drizzle them with the honey, oil & spice mixture and toss them to evenly coat. Bake for 20 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and tender (for older ovens like mine it took a good 35 minutes to become tender and still could use another 2 minutes to get it golden brown in spots).
Did you make this recipe or find this post helpful? Leaving a review helps our community! 🙂
Never miss a post! Follow this blog or my facebook page Pinch of Wholesome (formerly Dairy Free Indulgence) to stay posted on more delicious recipes! The follow buttons on mobile/cell are almost at the bottom of the page, and on the PC they are on the sidebar.
I will never spam you. It is your follows, shares, views and likes that encourage and allow me to continue this blog and keep sharing these dairy-free healthy recipes with you!
If you like this recipe and share it, tag me on instagram @pinchofwholesome #pinchofwholesome, I’d love to see your versions of my recipe 🙂