This is a huge veggie meal with approx 6 generous servings so you can halve the recipe if dont have a 12” saute pan or two pans for it or if just cooking for 1-2 people.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large onions
- 4 garlic cloves,
- 2 thyme sprigs,chopped or sub Quarter teaspoon dried thyme
- 400ml diced tomatoes or canned plum tomatoes or 3-4 lg ripe tomatoes,diced(use 2 tomatoes if using less other veg as they add lots of liquid)
- 2 zucchinis,chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 1 large or two baby italian eggplants, chopped (Cut all veg the same size)
- 2 red and orange bell peppers,seeded, Chopped
- 1 2/3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil chopped, garnish
- On medium heat fry the veggies and onion except tomatoes, stirring often. Add garlic, basil and thyme and fry, add olive oil and stir often so garlic doesnt burn, fry for few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic, thyme and salt and pepper and cover and simmer medium heat for approx 25 min or until soft. If you have more time cook a few mins longer to soften further.
- If needed evaporate uncovered for 5min or as needed (I used 4 lg tomatoes once with less other veg so I had too much liquid, but it can easily be evaporated as the veggies stew).
- Stir in torn basil and serve with pasta and/or grilled/pan fried chicken (paleo or vegan meal).
Categories: Best vegetarian, dinners, gluten-free, healthy dairy free recipes, Keto, Paleo, Whole 30, Vegan
1 reply »